Black Rock Pre-School (BRPS) is proud to return to being a community-based kinder from 2017, managed by a Committee of Management (COM) and with key paid roles to ensure the continuity of the Kinder.
All components of kinder operation will sit within BRPS and will be managed within the guidelines and supported by DEECD, ELAA and Bayside Council.
The COM is an opportunity for parents to contribute to decisions which impact the operation of the kindergarten. At BRPS the COM comprises of 12 voluntary positions which are filled annually in November during our annual general meeting.
The COM at BRPS is responsible for:
• Fundraising for equipment and capital works projects
• Social activities for the wider kindergarten community
• Enrolments • Maintenance and upgrade of garden and grounds
• BRPS website / communications
• Management of BRPS funds (income and expenditure)
• Liaison between the educators, families and other staff
The 2020 Committee of Management include:
- Director – Kathrin Beck
- President – Marcel Veldboer
- Vice-President – Jodie Fisher
- Secretary – Kirsty Owen
- Treasurer – Erik Boom
- Enrolments – Kathrin Beck
- Social Media/Marketing – Merissa Wakefield and Victoria Brennan
- Events/fundraising – Luke Fuller
- Blue Group Rep – Brianna Wood
- Yellow Group Rep – Lisa Lovell
- Red Group Rep – Kimberly Rolls