ECMS is a non-profit community enterprise providing quality early childhood education and care for children, families and communities across Melbourne. Their services touch the lives of approximately 6,000 children and families in many varied and diverse communities across Melbourne each week.
ECMS provide educational programs to three and four-year-old children and their families in kindergarten and related settings. All of ECMS’s services are provided in partnership with families, parent committees, local government, business, schools and other community-based organisations.
Inclusion and empowering children to develop self-esteem, confidence and a love of learning are governing principals of ECMS a particular focus on ensuring that kindergarten remains a special time in the life of all children and that parents also feel supported in sharing the joy of their child’s early years.
ECMS program goals are far reaching. They are designed to:
- Provide enriching education experiences, including early literacy, numeracy, music, drama, art and science.
- Provide opportunities for children to express themselves through language, art and imaginative play.
- Provide experiences to develop cognitive, fine and gross motor skills in all areas of early childhood development.
- Encourage children to become more independent, ensuring strong foundations for learning.
- Include family, caregivers and community in the curriculum.
- Assist children to develop a positive self-image, to enable effective learning and the development of positive social attitudes.
ECMS take great care in the selection of all our kindergarten Educators to ensure each educator possesses a passion and love for what they do. All our educators are fully qualified and experienced in early childhood education, and hold a degree approved by the State Government.
Perhaps most importantly, our educators develop programs which will allow children to express themselves, celebrate diversity and – above all – enjoy their kindergarten experience.
For more information on ECMS please visit www.ecms.org.au